Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ouch!

    Caught a bad cold about 5 days ago. And yesterday, I was already on my way to full recovery except for a few intermittent coughs. It is usually the case whenever I get this common virus. Running nose, coughs, stuffy nose, coughs. Before I'd be taking some of those over-the-counter medicines but as of late, I would prefer taking care of my cold the old fashion way. Lots of rest and some hot, peppery hot soup and plenty more water to drink. "Starve a fever, feed a cold" so the saying goes. It really works.
    Today I woke up feeling something painful down my right foot. Looks like my uric acid level is a bit high. Big toe's joint is swollen. And boy does it hurt! After the nose the toe's next. There is no home made cure for that, does it?

4 comments:

  1. No, ikabod, can't think of a cure for that...but when my son had a sore toe, it was only Mommy's kiss that soothed the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely right. My mom would be bringing up and down my meals to my room often. Good there were these nephews and nieces who would at times be taken to task. Mom just celebrated her 84th birthday October 18.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, same age as my mom if she has lived.. She was born 1926, died at a young age of 64.

    She died an hour after she saw us arrive from Papua New Guinea in 1989 for my son's birthday.
    She just went upstairs to her room for the Angelus and rosary at 6pm.. Come dinner time,
    she's gone.. Saw her just sitting on her bed, clutching her rosary. I inherited her being so pious..she was always bringing me to church when I was a toddler..I even recall the Tridentine masses (un nga ba ung tawag sa nakatalikod ung pari sa mga tao? sorry di ako masyadong magaling dyan, unlike you, Fr. Luis)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sympathies. You must have surely miss your mother very much till now.
    Yes it was a very pious thing of so many people those days saying the Angelus and rosary. Sayang naging sobrang pragmatic?, secularized?, or something to that effect ngayon ang karamihan. Tama yata yun Tridentine nga or the Traditional Latin Rite, Sr. Lilian.

    ReplyDelete

My "ZDnet" Bundle

My "Chess" Bundle

Reading Materials and Film Media Galore

Get ready to Rumble